This Orange Turmeric Detox Smoothie is comforting, creamy and zesty with a punch of spice from ginger and turmeric, two excellent spices for supporting our detoxification.
This smoothie came about when I was trying to come up with a smoothie that could be as orange in colour as possible. Naturally, carrots, oranges, and turmeric came to mind, and after I blended it all up (with a few other star ingredients) the most delicious smoothie was created. Seriously – this might be the best smoothie I’ve ever created!
This Orange Turmeric Detox Smoothie has the most unique flavours that mesh together so perfectly. It’s comforting, creamy and zesty with a tiny punch of spice from ginger and turmeric, two excellent spices for detox:
- Turmeric: a potent anti-inflammatory root that’s used for a variety of inflammatory conditions and liver support
- Ginger: a root traditionally used for stimulating and supporting digestion, reducing nausea and upset stomach, and reducing constipation.
Orange Turmeric Detox Smoothie
A creamy, sweet and zesty smoothie perfect for detox!
- 1 cup water + 1 tbsp hemp seeds to make hemp milk
- 1 banana
- 1 small-medium navel orange
- 1 small carrot
- 1 inch chunk fresh ginger, peeled (or use 1 tsp ground ginger)
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
Add water and hemp seeds to blender and blend until a milk is created, about 30 seconds. Add all other ingredients to blender and blend on high for 30-60 seconds until smooth.
Serve and enjoy right away!
I hope you give this delicious orange turmeric smoothie a try, be sure to let me know if you do! Try these two other detox smoothies:
Check out my how-to video below featuring this Orange Turmeric Detox Smoothie starting at 1:23.
Leave me a comment below if you give this recipe a try, or tag me on Instagram @meghanlivingstone with your photos!