This Chickpea Salad is as basic as it gets but loaded with all the good stuff: fibre, complex carbohydrates, fresh, crunchy veggies and blood sugar-balancing olives.
I’ve been busy whipping up some fresh new recipes for my blog to share with you all for the fall “back-to-school” season. This Chickpea Salad isn’t new in my kitchen however, but it’s totally delicious one of the easiest things you can make!
I don’t eat a ton of legumes but I gotta say, when I do, this salad is almost always on my radar. It also happens to be one of Sean’s favourite lunches to take to work. This Chickpea Salad is as basic as it gets but loaded with all the good stuff: fibre, complex carbohydrates, and fresh, crunchy veggies (oh, and blood sugar-balancing olives).
What You’ll Need
How to Make Chickpea Salad
- Rinse and drain canned chickpeas and add to large bowl. Set aside.
- Shred carrot and dice cucumber and olives. Add to bowl with dried basil, salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil and vinegar directly into bowl. No need to whisk separately. Stir everything together until well combined, serve, and enjoy!
This salad is very versatile and can easily be made with other veggies of your liking. Bell pepper, chopped kale, or fresh herbs like parsley and cilantro can be wonderful additions, too! Feel free to get creative.
A deliciously quick and easy salad made with chickpeas, fresh veggies, and an apple cider vinegar dressing.
- 1 can chickpeas (400ml)
- 1 medium-sized carrot, shredded
- 1/2 medium-sized cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- dash salt and pepper (to taste)
Rinse and drain canned chickpeas and add to large bowl. Set aside.
Using a cheese grater, shred carrot. Dice cucumber and olives and add all to bowl with chickpeas.
Add dried basil, olive oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper to bowl and stir well until combined.
Enjoy right away or store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days. Stir well before eating.
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me @meghanlivingstone on Instagram! I’d love to see your creations.