Rosemary Rutabaga Beef Stew
A flavourful and hearty stew made with 10 ingredients!
- 2 Top Sirloin steaks, cut into cubes
- 1/2 rutabaga, peeled & cubed
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp oil of choice (olive, avocado, ghee, for browning meat)
- 2-3 tsp sea salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch + 1/8 cup water
- 1/8 cup red wine *optional
Add all vegetables in large pot and fill with just enough water to cover them. Too much water will create a soup. Bring to boil and then let simmer over low-medium heat, covered.
Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat, being careful not to let it smoke.
Add meat and rosemary and cook until browned.
Add cooked meat to pot with vegetables and let cook, about 30 minutes.
In small bowl, combine arrowroot starch with cold water and stir. Pour into pot and stir until contents thicken to desired amount.
Serve hot in a bowl on its own, or over a bed of rice. Enjoy!