One-Pot African Peanut Sunshine Stew
A hearty stew with notes of cumin and cilantro that whips up in no time.
- 1 lb ground beef, turkey or chicken
- 1 large can (800ml) crushed, diced or whole tomatoes
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed (OR 1 large sweet potato)
- 4 large kale leaves, stems removed, chopped
- 3 tbsp sunflower seed butter or peanut butter
- 2-3 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- fresh cilantro, lime, or rice for serving. *optional
Add all ingredients except sunflower seed butter, kale and suggested toppings to pot.
Stir together and bring to boil, covered. Remove lid and reduce heat to medium-low for 15 minutes.
Add chopped kale and sunflower seed butter and continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes until butternut squash is tender and meat is thoroughly cooked.
Serve warm with cilantro and lime, and with brown rice if desired, and enjoy!