This rich and fruity Banana Peach Chia Pudding is made with peaches, vanilla and full-fat coconut milk. The perfect combination for a satisfying breakfast or decadent dessert.
Chia pudding. So overdone but so good.
If you didn’t know, chia pudding is a pudding made from chia seeds. The reason why chia seeds work so well at creating a jiggly pudding is because they’re very absorbent and become gelatinous when combined with water or another liquid.
The best chia pudding I ever had was a few years ago and it was made with full-fat coconut milk. So, naturally, I had to make this recipe with the same beautiful stuff!
This recipe is ideal for so many things:
- It’s fantastic for meal prep as it makes a large batch and can be stored in a container or individual jars for quick breakfasts
- It’s incredibly easy to make and requires just a few simple ingredients
- It’s quite possibly the most delicious thing and it doubles as a hearty breakfast and a decadent dessert
- It’s super rich in blood sugar balancing healthy fats from the coconut milk and fibre from the chia seeds (which are also a great source of protein and anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids)
Plus, who doesn’t love a creamy combo of peach, banana and vanilla?
Banana Peach Chia Pudding
A decadent blend of coconut milk, peaches, bananas, vanilla and cinnamon that makes a hearty breakfast or delicious dessert.
- 2 large peaches, skin on, pits removed
- 1 banana
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (400ml)
- 1/4 cup water (use 1/2 cup if you prefer a thinner pudding)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (white or black)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- chopped nuts
- shredded coconut
Add all ingredients EXCEPT chia seeds to blender and blend on high for about 1 minute, until very creamy.
Add 1/4 cup chia seeds to large bowl.
Pour mixture into bowl with chia seeds and stir thoroughly.
Once it's set, pudding will be very thick and so beautifully decadent! Enjoy with chopped pecans and a sprinkle of shredded coconut.
Pudding will last in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
You can switch things up and enjoy this same recipe as a smoothie instead by using a tbsp of chia seeds instead of 1/4 cup, extra water and ice (as it’s super rich to drink a big glassful on it’s own) and blending it together with the rest of the ingredients. I gotta say though, I highly recommend making this recipe as a pudding as laid out above because it’s just too good!
Did you try this recipe? Tag me on Instagram @meghanlivingstone!